Monday, October 4, 2010

Starting Out Sewing Pillows

I decided to start experimenting with making pillows first. I chose pillows because when I was a little girl, I would go over to my grandma's house next door and dig into her leftover fabric and try handsewing my own. I remember making a few little pillows and was so proud of myself. Now that I am grown up, I am trying out "pillowmaking" again, and have had much success! Pillows are also very simple to make since you are working with square or rectangle shapes.

Materials Needed:
*Sewing Machine
*Fabric
*Thread
*Rotary Cutter/Cutting Board
*Pins
*Iron/Ironing Board
*Poly-fil
*Ribbon if needed

Here are my pillows so far in order of creation.

My first sewing project, ever. Used fabric that a friend gave me to experiment with.



The Dora Pillow I wanted to make for my daughter's big girl bed!




Experimenting with ribbons around the pillow.


This one is double sided, where the fabrics are different but compliment each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment